Lodging Tax Committee
- Monday, November 27, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. on the 3rd floor of Aberdeen City Hall
- LTAC 2024 Meeting Agenda and TEAMS mtg link
- Debi Pieraccini - Chair
- Bobbi McCracken
- Dani Bacon
- Lisa Blanchard
- Jackie Elsos
The Lodging Tax Committee is made up of at least five members appointed by the Mayor. The chair of the Committee is the Chair of the City of Aberdeen Finance Committee, two of the members have to collect the tax (i.e. hotel owners, etc.) and two members are recipients of the fund. For more information please contact the Aberdeen Parks Department at 360-537-3229 or email@example.com.
Attracting Visitors & Encouraging Tourism
This fund was created for the purpose of paying all or any part of the cost of acquisition, construction, or operating of stadium facilities, convention center facilities, performing arts center facilities and/or visual arts center facilities, or to pay or secure the payment of all or any portion of general obligation bonds or revenue bonds issued for such purpose or purposes under this chapter or to pay for advertising, publicizing, or otherwise distributing information for the purpose of attracting visitors and encouraging tourist expansion.
Lodging Tax Fund Application
The 2024 Funding Cycle Application documents are due by Wednesday, October 18th, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- All organizations that are awarded funding will be required to submit an end-of-the-year financial report detailing all income received from your event/project and all expenses associated with your event and /or project
- At least 25% matching funds
- A copy of the organization's board members, including addresses and phone numbers
- How the project will benefit the City of Aberdeen, specifically tourism projects that relate to overnight stays in the City of Aberdeen's Hotels and Motels
- Must be a registered non-profit or governmental agency.