IMPORTANT MESSAGE: DUE TO COVID-19 HEALTH CONCERNS, CITY HALL WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC BEGINNING MARCH 16, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. TO SUBMIT A PERMIT, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW. WE WILL REASSESS CITY HALL CLOSURE ON APRIL 10, 2020.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTION ABOUT PERMITS, PLEASE EMAIL RENEE REYNOLDS
APPLY FOR A PERMIT
ALL Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Planning, Environmental, Zoning, Site Development (ROW, Fill and Grade, Driveways)
PLEASE ALLOW 48 BUSINESS HOURS TO RECEIVE AN E-MAIL RESPONSE REGARDING THE STATUS OF YOUR COMPLETED PERMIT APPLICATION. (ALL PERMITS ARE ADMINISTRATIVELY REVIEWED, BEFORE ACCEPTING PAYMENTS.) Once approved you will receive a link to your invoice through your email you signed on your account with.
Permit Portal Process Details
- Choose an Option below
- Submittal Documents
- Inspection Hours
- Contractor Requirements
Permits: Apply for all permits for all Department Divisions by creating an account through our SmartGov portal.
Construction drawings, Engineering etc., may be required. They will be listed on the electronic permit after submitting your application. More or less requirements may be added after administrative review of your application.
All Permits that require Submittal Documents will require a Plan Review
Applications must be reviewed and approved before payment can be made
- Payments online - accepted by credit card with a convenience fee.
- Onsite payments - are received during business hours (8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm) on the first floor of City of Aberdeen City Hall. Please bring in a copy of your invoice along with your payment (the City accepts all forms of payment).
- Mail in payments - Please include a copy of your invoice with mailed payments. (Checks should be made payable to the City of Aberdeen and mailed to 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520, c/o of Building Division.)
Inspections available to schedule online by signing into your account. Inspection results available online within 24 hours after inspection through your online permit
- Electrical Inspections: Mon, Wed, Fri. ONLY -- 7:30 to 3:00 lunch 12 to 1 Must be requested by 4:00 the day before needed inspection
- Building Inspections: Daily -- 9:00 to 4:00 office & lunch block 11:30 to 1:30 Must be requested a half day before needed inspection
All contractors are required to be registered with an account on the above permit portal and process all permits through the portal.
Permits will not be deemed valid unless the City of Aberdeen business license is current and all fees have been paid. Business License Applications are to be turned into the Finance Department by mail, email or first floor of City of Aberdeen City Hall.
Please call ( 360-537-3217 ) or email for the code assigned to your company if you are signing up for permits for the first time.