IMPORTANT MESSAGE: DUE TO COVID-19 HEALTH CONCERN, CITY HALL WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC BEGINNING MARCH 16,2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The Community Development Department will be available to the public by email and phone. Permits may be purchased through the Electronic PERMIT PORTAL.
Any needs that can not be met electronically can be addressed in person by appointment only.
THOSE WHO ARE DOING WORK WITHOUT A PERMIT WILL BE RED TAGGED AND WILL BE SUBJECTED TO A DOUBLE FEE.
PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK TO READ THE SPECIFIC GOVERNOR’S PROCLAMATION ORDERS . https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-announces-plan-allow-construction-projects-previously-underway-be-completed
SEE THE HYPERLINK "THE RECOMMENDATIONS" AND "THE GOVERNOR’S MEDIUM PAGE"
APPLY FOR A PERMIT
ALL Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Planning, Environmental, Zoning, Site Development (ROW, Fill and Grade, Driveways)
PLEASE ALLOW 48 BUSINESS HOURS TO RECEIVE AN E-MAIL RESPONSE REGARDING THE STATUS OF YOUR COMPLETED PERMIT APPLICATION. (ALL PERMITS ARE ADMINISTRATIVELY REVIEWED, BEFORE ACCEPTING PAYMENTS.) Once approved you will receive a link to your invoice through your email you signed on your account with.
Permit Portal Process Details
- Choose an Option below
- Submittal Documents
- Inspection Hours
- Contractor Requirements
Permits: Apply for all permits for all Department Divisions by creating an account through our SmartGov portal.
Construction drawings, Engineering etc., may be required. They will be listed on the electronic permit after submitting your application. More or less requirements may be added after administrative review of your application.
All Permits that require Submittal Documents will require a Plan Review
Applications must be reviewed and approved before payment can be made
- Payments online - accepted by credit card with a convenience fee.
- Onsite payments - are received during business hours (8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm) on the first floor of City of Aberdeen City Hall. Please bring in a copy of your invoice along with your payment (the City accepts all forms of payment).
- Mail in payments - Please include a copy of your invoice with mailed payments. (Checks should be made payable to the City of Aberdeen and mailed to 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520, c/o of Building Division.)
Inspections available to schedule online by signing into your account. Inspection results WILL BE available online within 24 hours after inspection. CHECK your ELECTRONIC permit FOR ANY NOTES.
- Electrical Inspection Available Times: Mon, Wed, Fri. ONLY -- 7:30 to 3:00 lunch 12 to 1. Must be requested by 4:00 the day before needed inspection
- Building Inspections: Daily -- 9:00 to 4:00 office & lunch block 11:30 to 1:30. Must be requested a half day before needed inspection
All contractors are required to be registered with an account on the above permit portal and process all permits through the portal.
Permits will not be deemed valid unless the City of Aberdeen business license is current and all fees have been paid. Business License Applications are to be turned into the Finance Department by mail, email or first floor of City of Aberdeen City Hall.
Please call ( 360-537-3217 ) or email for the code assigned to your company if you are signing up for permits for the first time.