Transportation Improvement Fund Update for Friday, August 31, 2018
As of August 21, 2018, work on the Transportation Improvement Fund Project will be delayed due to the Operators Union 302 strike. See previous update below for project extents.
Transportation Improvement Fund Update for Friday, August 17, 2018
Road work funded by the City’s voter-approved TIF fund is underway. During the week of August 13, 2018, surveying and lowering of utilities began. Lakeside Industries is the prime contractor for paving work which is scheduled to last about 45 days.
The project provides for the resurfacing of the following streets:
- Coolidge Road from Boone Street to Huntley Street
- Farrell Street from Lewis Street to Evans Street
- Tilden Street from West Boulevard to Curtis Street
- Curtis Street from West Boulevard to Decatur Street
- Lafayette Street from Young Street to the river
- 5th Street from Thornton Street to Don Street
- Graves Street from Purkey Avenue to Bel Aire Avenue
- 2nd Street from ‘L’ Street to ‘K’ Street
- Morgan Street from Division Street to Thornton Street
- Williams Street from 1st Street to alley north of Morgan Street
- Cherry Street from Oak Street to Duffy Street
- Maple Street from Cherry Street to Duffy Street
- Pacific Avenue from Scammel Street to Jeffries Street
- Wooding Street from 5th Street to Cherry Street.
The work covers 14 streets along approximately 14,560 feet (2.75 miles) of street. Several new ADA-compliant ramps and storm drainage improvements are included in this project as well.