City of Aberdeen Engineering Department
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
Consultant Services for
On-Call Surveying Contract
PUBLICATION DATES: The Daily World: 7/24/2018, 7/31/2018
Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce: 7/24/2018, 7/31/2018
SUBMITTAL DEADLINE: 4:00 PM (local time), Tuesday, August 14, 2018
City of Aberdeen Engineering Department
200 E Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520
NUMBER OF COPIES: Two physical copies, one electronic copy (PDF by email or USB)
PROJECT CONTACT: Kris Koski, PE – (360) 537-3218 – firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS:
The City of Aberdeen is soliciting statements of qualifications (SOQs) from qualified firms to provide on-call professional surveying services. SOQs shall be received by the City no later than 4:00 PM on Tuesday, August 14, 2018. It is the responsibility of firms to ensure that SOQs are received by the City on-time.
SOQs shall include the following parts. The term “page” is defined as one side of a sheet of paper. Double-sided printing should be used to minimize total sheet count
- Cover Letter (one 8.5×11 page maximum)
- SOQ Body (ten 8.5×11 pages maximum)
- Background – Provide details such as history, number of employees, locations, capabilities, etc.
- Team – Provide an organizational chart of the proposed surveying team and a short resume for all key people listed on the chart. Include their availability to provide services.
- Experience – Describe the experience of the team providing the services outlined in the scope.
- Approach – Outline and describe how you intend to provide on-call services to the City.
- References – Provide a list of relevant experience and reference contacts showing past performance, timely responses to City requests, high quality of work, and cost control.
SCORING AND FIRM SELECTION:
SOQs will be reviewed and scored by the Public Works Director and City Engineer. The three highest-scoring firms may be selected for phone or in-person interviews to determine the final selection. Scoring criteria:
- Background – 10 points
- Team – 25 points
- Experience – 25 points
- Approach – 15 points
- References – 25 points
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
The firm must be capable of providing professional surveying services on an on-call basis to support City projects and operations, including:
- Conduct topographic surveys
- Perform field verifications and survey plan checks
- Provide GIS data in City-prescribed format
- Prepare record of survey and short plat documents
- Locate utilities, property corners, monitoring wells, and other features
- Research title documents and land ownership records
- Prepare legal descriptions
- Prepare as-built and record drawings for construction projects
- Perform other miscellaneous surveying-related services
COMPLIANCE WITH CHAPTER 28 AND TITLE VI AGREEMENT:
The consultant will be held to the City’s Civil Rights language. The City of Aberdeen in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin or sex in consideration for an award..
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) INFORMATION:
The consultant will be held to the City’s ADA language. The City of Aberdeen in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all of its programs and activities. This RFQ can be made available in an alternate format by contacting the listed project contact by e-mail or by calling collect.