Aberdeen Fire Department
Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic Recruitment
Establishment of an eligibility list for future openings
Application Deadline: November 28, 2018
The Aberdeen Fire Department’s mission is to prevent harm to the public and to protect property and the environment through fire suppression, fire prevention, and emergency medical services 24 hours a day.
The Aberdeen Fire Department covers a service area of its city limits (10.5 sq. miles) and additional EMS coverage outside of the city that includes about 100 sq. miles. The Chehalis River divides the city, thereby requiring a main headquarters station on the north side and a substation on the south side of the river. Both facilities were constructed in 1966. In addition to a Chief and Assistant Chief, staffing consists of 33 uniformed personnel, comprising three platoons and two daily civilian administrative employees. A daily on duty crew of eight to eleven personnel staff both stations, utilizing an engine, ladder, command vehicle and medic unit. Each shift is supervised by a 24- hour on-duty Battalion Chief.
- Completed and qualified applications will be scored.
- The top 5 qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the oral interview process on
December 5-6, 2018.
- The oral interview will count as 100% of the applicants total score.
- A total score of 70% is required to be placed on the eligibility list.
- In the event of a job opening, the top candidates on the eligibility list will be subject to Chief’s interviews.
- Conditional offers of employment will be extended at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
- Employment begins with a one- year probationary period.
Cover Letter, City of Aberdeen Employment Application, Resumé and copies of your IFSAC Firefighter I and Paramedic Certifications must be submitted to the City of Aberdeen Human Resources Department no later than November 16, 2018 at 4:00 P.M (postmarks and incomplete applications will not be accepted)
For application information contact: City of Aberdeen Human Resources Department 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, Washington 98520 – (36) 537-3212 — www.aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/