Aberdeen Police Department
Salary range: $4,215-$5,123 per month
AFSCME union represented position.
Click Here for Position Description.
Position summary: Corrections Officers perform and coordinate the receipt, booking, custody, care, transport, court visit, and release of prisoners in the City jail facilities, and are responsible for jail shift functions such as directing trustees, monitoring day-to-day correctional activities, and maintaining computerized records.
Entry level applicants must:
- have a high school degree or GED,
- be a U.S. Citizen,
- be at least 18 years of age,
- have a valid driver’s license,
- have no record of felony conviction or excessive traffic violations,
- have good moral character,
- have or be able to obtain the Washington State Patrol ACCESS/WACIC Certification Level 2 within the first year of employment,
- have the ability to take and complete the Correctional Officers Academy course within the first year of employment
- have or be able to obtain CPR and first aid certification within the first year of employment, and
- apply through www.publicsafetytesting.com.
The City will be notified of applicants who pass the PublicSafetyTesting.com exam and will contact those applicants for the next step(s) in the process.
This recruitment is open continuously. Applications are always accepted.
Applicants interested in applying for Lateral (experienced) Corrections Officer should refer to the City of Aberdeen Human Resources Department website at http://aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/.
The City of Aberdeen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.