- You Are Here:
- Police Department
- All visitors may be subject to search prior to entering the facility
- Inmates have the right to decline visitation
- Visitation - Sundays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Visitation length - 20 minutes
- Visitors may refuse to be searched, but they will not be allowed to enter the facility
- Visitors must be 18 years of age otherwise accompanied by an adult
- Visitors must not have outstanding warrants for their arrest or be prohibited from contact with an inmate due to a restraining order or protection order
- Visitors must provide a valid picture ID
- Visitors must sign in upon arrival
- Visitors who are a witness or victim in a pending criminal matter involving the inmate they wish to visit will be denied visitation
- Visitors will not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- After hours - bail may be posted at the Aberdeen Police Department. Unless a valid bail bond is used, only cash will be accepted
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; bail may only be posted at the Aberdeen Municipal Court
- All inmate mail intended for or sent by inmates of the Aberdeen City Jail, excluding legal mail, may be subject to inspection by the on-duty Corrections Officer.
- Cash, checks, and money orders will not be accepted.
- No mail of a sexually-explicit nature or that could be detrimental or endanger the safety and well-being of the inmates shall be accepted at the jail.
- The Aberdeen Police Department is not responsible for the loss of any mail, cash, or items the mail may contain.
Inmate Personal Items
Only the following items will be accepted at the Aberdeen Police City Jail such as:
- New undergarment clothing and socks - Must be sealed in-store packaging (limit 2 sets)
- Prescription medication is properly packaged and identified
Court Hearings & Appearances
For inmates court hearing and appearances, contact the Aberdeen Municipal Court. The Aberdeen Police Department does not have this information.