NATURE OF WORK:
- Maintain all department facilities, including sports fields, parks, indoor facilities and numerous turf and planted areas. Work involves responsibility for the performance of challenging and creative supervisory duties while working with the public.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, sometimes in adverse weather conditions including rain, snow, heat and cold. Employee must be able to talk, hear and reach with hands and arms and is frequently required to stand, walk and use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds is required occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate to loud. Equipment used includes: motorized and hand operated equipment and tools to wash, scrub, weed and buff – including floor machine, hose, grubbers, sprinklers, irrigation systems, painting and maintenance & construction equipment. Telephones and mobile radios are also used.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform labor tasks and understand and carry out instructions. Good mechanical aptitude required. Knowledge and concepts of athletic and recreation activities are highly desirable. Knowledge of first aid. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors and the public as necessitated by work requirements.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License is required.
- Employees in this position are subject to a criminal background check and will be required to complete background check authorization form as a condition of employment.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
PAY SCALE/WORK HOURS:
- $11.75/hour. Work hours are generally 8:00 am to 4:30 P.M., (earlier or later if necessary), 40 hours/week, Sunday through Saturday. Split shifts may be necessary. This is a variable hour job and is available to last up to 4 months.
- Return completed application by March 14th at 5:00 p.m. to the Human Resources Department on the 3rd floor of Aberdeen City Hall, or mail to 200 E. Market St., Aberdeen, WA 98520.
Click Here to download City of Aberdeen job application. Alternatively, they are available on 3rd floor of the Aberdeen City Hall, Human Resources Department.
“The City of Aberdeen does not discriminate against or exclude anyone from participation. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 537-3230 (for TDD, dial 533-6668) at least five working days in advance for ADA accommodation requests.”
THE CITY OF ABERDEEN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER