Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Pay scale/Work Hours
$13.00/per hour Work hours are generally from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm M-F
(Up to 40 hours per week)
OPENS: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 CLOSES: Friday, May 19, 2017
Position Summary: The City of Aberdeen Public Works Department is accepting applications for Seasonal Maintenance Workers. Job duties are varied and will be assigned by the skill level of the individual.
Under the direction of the Public Works Supervisor or designee, the Seasonal Maintenance Worker performs a variety of manual labor and semi-skilled maintenance tasks in support of City Street, Storm water, Facilities, Water and Wastewater maintenance operations while utilizing a variety of hand tools, and gas-powered and hydraulic-operated small equipment. Work consists of routine and repetitive tasks, processes, and/or operations and will be performed cooperatively with other employees or independently. Work will be completed in a manner that ensures individual, co-worker, and public safety and is performed in all weather and working conditions. Employees receive direct supervision while on the job site in most cases, but the amount of direct supervision required may diminish as proficiency in task performance and equipment operation increases.
• A valid Washington State Driver’s License is required.
• Employees in this position are subject to a criminal background check and will be required to complete background check authorization form as a condition of employment.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
• Ability to independently assess and organize personal work performance while contributing to the overall organization.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work collaboratively with a team.
• Communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and individuals to whom service is provided.
To Apply: Applications can be downloaded here or are available at aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources or from City Hall, Office of Human Resources, 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520. Applications must be received by the Office of Human Resources by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017. Postmarks are not accepted. Applications are not accepted via fax or email.
The City of Aberdeen is an Equal Opportunity Employer