Our mission is to support Aberdeen's citizens, property owners, and government through:
- 1. Stewardship of public infrastructure, facilities, and environment.
- 2. Engineering and construction of capital improvements.
- 3. Planning for long-term sustainability.
- 4. Excellent customer service.
The Public Works Department is responsible for the municipal services that provide domestic water supply and distribution, stormwater control, streets, sewerage collection and treatment, and engineering.
These services provide the framework upon which a community is built.
The Public Works Department is committed to providing a service level that will allow Aberdeen to grow and prosper.
Notices and News
Aberdeen Flood Relief Projects
For the latest information regarding flood control projects affecting the citizens of Aberdeen please visit our web page on the Washington State government website....[click here]
Arnold Street Reconstruction Starting in August
The City of Aberdeen has awarded Rognlin's Inc. the contract for the improvement of Arnold Street from 8th Avenue South to Stewart Blvd. Construction is scheduled to begin August 20, 2017. The work shall include, but is not specifically limited to , removal of existing cement concrete pavement and sidewalk, install curb and gutter, catch basins and drain pipe, underdrain pipe....[read more]
Asphalt Overlays are Coming
Asphalt overlays are coming to the following streets this summer. Public Works is currently awarding the work to the lowest-bidding contractor. Residents along these streets will be notified of the work schedule once it is known. In the meantime, City crews are making selective subgrade repairs and drainage improvements in anticipation of the overlays. The work will provide new pavement along 1.46 miles of roadway and is funded by Aberdeen’s Transportation Benefit District (TBD). Additional TBD-funded projects will be occurring throughout the summer.
- Lewis Street - Huntley to Baldwin (290 feet)
- Baldwin Street - Lewis to Evans (1,430 feet)
- Perry Street - 101 to Decatur (260 feet)
- Polk Street - Schley to Taylor (1,160 feet)
- Haight Street - 1st to Sumner (2,240 feet)
- 7th Street - Scammel to Jeffries (330 feet)
- Williams Street - Sumner to 5th (600 feet)
- Lovett Street - Lewis to Evans (1,420 feet)
|Rick Sangder||Public Works Director||Phone: (360) 537-3228|
|Kris Koski||City Engineer||Phone: (360) 537-3218|
|Beth Troseth||Office Assistant II||Phone: (360) 537-3224|
|Kathy Orth||Public Works Accountant||Phone: (360) 537-3219|
Department of Public Works offices are located on the Second Floor of City Hall at 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520.