The Grays Harbor Historical Seaport recently acquired the old Weyerhaeuser Mill site in south Aberdeen which the are redeveloping into the Seaport Landing. The Grays Harbor Historical Seaport organization was formed by the City of Aberdeen in 1986 and is currently partnering with the City on a sizable grant that will help tie into Aberdeen’s Waterfront Walk.
We are Grays Harbor Historical Seaport Authority, a 501 (c)(3) educational non-profit public development authority based in Aberdeen, Wash. They bring maritime history to life aboard our two tall ships, Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain. Our programs include:
- Education programs for K-12 students
- Public Adventure Sails, Evening Sails, and Battle Sails
- Charters for weddings and corporate events
- Charters for film and television
- Dockside Tours
- Two Weeks Before the Mast sail training experiences
- Expedition Voyages Family Camp
- Multi-day ocean Passages
- Longboat programs
- Vocational / pre-vocational programs
For more than 25 years, we have provided hands on education opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds. With a focus on teamwork and empowerment, the Historical Seaports programs explore our shared history and our daily connections to the world’s oceans.
The Seaport was chartered by the City of Aberdeen, Washington in 1986 to operate and maintain the 112-foot brig Lady Washington, the official ship of Washington state…[Visit Website]