Aberdeen Police Department
Salary range: $4,215 – $5,123 per month
AFSCME union represented position.
The job description is attached.
Position summary: Corrections Officers perform and coordinate the receipt, booking, custody, care, transport, court visit, and release of prisoners in the City jail facilities, and are responsible for jail shift functions such as directing trustees, monitoring day-to-day correctional activities, and maintaining computerized records.
Lateral applicants must:
- have a high school degree or GED,
- be a U.S. Citizen,
- be at least 21 years of age,
- have a valid driver’s license,
- have no record of felony conviction or excessive traffic violations,
- have good moral character,
- have or be able to obtain the Washington State Patrol ACCESS/WACIC Certification
- Level 2 within the first year of employment,
- have or be able to obtain CPR and first aid certification within the first year of employment, and
- have one year experience as a full-time corrections officer,
- possess a valid state certification as a trained and qualified corrections officer or certification from the Washington State DOC academy received prior to April 2008 or other correctional academy accepted by the WSCJTC for qualification for the equivalency academy, and
- apply by returning to the City of Aberdeen’s Human Resources Department: (click on the links below)
Required application documents are available at Aberdeen City Hall during normal business hours or at http://aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/. This recruitment is open continuously. Applications are always accepted.
The City of Aberdeen’s Human Resources Office is located at City Hall, Office of Human Resources, 200 E. Market Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520. This address also serves as the mailing address. Applications for Corrections Officer are not accepted via email or fax.
Applicants interested in applying for entry-level Corrections Officer should refer to the City of Aberdeen Human Resources Department website at http://aberdeenwa.gov/human-resources/.
The City of Aberdeen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.